Monday, July 17, 2006

A brilliant Buddhist movie




I just watched Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring on DVD. The film is exquisite. There are just so many fine details that capture the spirit of Buddhism.

The film is set on a small temple that floats on a lake in a secluded mountain valley. The temple itself is only small, but the artwork inside it is absolutely exquisite.The location is Chusanji Lake located in Mt. Chuwang National Park and it looks like an amazing place. I would love to visit Korea just to see it.

The story is simple and revolves around an old master and his disciple. At the beginning of the film the disciple is just a young boy, but he is middle aged at the end.

I don't want to give away the story or just rehash the plot. I can only say that this is one of the best films I have ever seen. Watch it, you won't regret it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home