Friday, April 04, 2008

New camera



Yesterday I bought a new camera, a Canon EOS Kiss Digital SLR (same as 400d). After almost three years of use my Fujifilm Finepix s5500 can go into semi-retirement. I was getting a little frustrated with the Fuji, especially the lack of manual focus (actually it has manual focus but it is almost unusable).

I bought the camera with the 18-55mm kit lens. I also purchased the 50mm f/1.8 lens. This lens is one of the cheapest available, but that doesn't mean it's not a good one. I look forward to using it in low light situations and for portraits. The large aperture gives a narrow depth of field which creates the bokeh effect as demonstrated in the photo below.



I also purchased a 4 GB memory card, spare battery and a new bag. The price was actually a little less than I expected. The 45od has just hit the shops, so the 400d is being sold at a discount. I will probably spend some more money again very soon on more lenses and accessories.

Here is a photo I snapped today. It was taken in macro mode with the 18-55mm lens. I have cropped it from the original in camera version. More photos will be uploaded to flickr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home