Monday, November 02, 2009

The rise of the trollumnist

I first came across the word "trollumnist" in this article from New Matilda. I tweeted about it and also mentioned it in an e-mail to Dan Bloom. Dan added the word to the Urban Dictionary (although misspelt as "trollumist"). Crikey mentioned it on their Pure Poison blog. Range also mentioned the word on his blog. Google currently returns 159 results for the word in a search. This is significantly more than when I searched for it yesterday. It will be interesting to see how far the word spreads.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger DANIELBLOOM said...

Yeh, my typing skills suck. My bad, Hbpe to get it corrected on RubanDictionary later. I didn't see the typo gaffe until it was published, then too late. But can try to correct or resubmit again. thanks for the reminder. Yes, that word is spreading, in OZ first, but maybe later in N America and Europe as Net spreads. Good catch, David. It IS a wonderful word. jason Wilson deserves credit for a great coinage. I wrote to him as his uni but no reply yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home